1/4 cup tur dal cooked
1/2 small onion chopped
1/2 cub cubed red cucumber/ pumpkin or any other veg
1/2 garlic clove chopped
3 leaves tamarind
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (see pt.2)
red chilli powder
1 tsp udid dal (see pt. 2)
1/2 tsp jeera(see pt. 2)
3/4 bowl coconut
1 tbsp oil
5-6 fresh curry leaves
1. Cook tur dal in cooker.
2. Roast udid dal in 1 tsp oil till it become light brown, add cumin sees and fenugreek seeds along with it, when fenugreek becomes dark brown, turn off the gas.
3. Grind coconut and other mentioned ingredients by adding little water to make it paste.
4. Prepare tadka-oil, mustard seeds, asafotida,curry leaves
5. Saute onions, vegetables, garlic
6. Add coconut paste, and when it boils, add dal. add water if required. Let it boil for few mins.
Serve with rice.