2 tbsp besan(gram flour)
1 small onion(optional)
1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 pinch asafetida
4-5 curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp grated coconut fresh or frozen
1. Heat oil in a pan, add all tempering items (mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, curry leaves) in it one by one.
2. Saute onion and add grated coconut and water.
3. And salt and let it boil.
4. After it starts boiling, add besan with one hand and simultaneously stir it another so that no lumps are formed.
5. Let it boil for few mins n garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with rice/bhakri/roti.
Dry jhunka is another type of jhunka which doesnt contain water. I can be stored for longer time than the jhunka with water.