March 22, 2008
3 Roma tomatoes finely chopped or pureed
1 green pepper finely chopped
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp coriander powder (optional)
2 tsp sugar
water as per requirement
1 tsp ginger paste
1 garlic clove finely chopped
10-12 cubes of paneer (fried in butter)
1 tbsp butter
1. Heat oil in stir fry pan, add cumin seeds, ginger garlic, onion and saute till it is translucent.
2. Add green pepper and cook till they are tender.
3. Add tomatoes. After its cooked , mash the mixture coarsely.
(Add water only if necessary)
4. Add red chili powder, salt, sugar and boil for 5-7 mins.
5. Add fried paneer cubes to the gravy and boil for 2 more mins.
1. Take paneer slab (3 cm*5 cm approx), apply butter on each side and then fry on the pan, then cut into cubes.This will much easier.
2. You can prepare tomato puree in the microwave and deskin them later.