6 small eggplants
1 small onion finely chopped
1 small tomato finely chopped
½ cup water
11/2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp dry coconut
Roasted Peanut powder
1 tbsp jaggery powder
2 tsp gural pudi (optional)
1 tsp red chili powder
1.Mix all the stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Slit eggplants into 4 parts without separating them completely.
3. Fill the stuffing in between the eggplants.
4. In a wok, heat oil, add chopped onions n tomatoes n sauté.
5.Add eggplants and water to it n let them cook in the oil on a low flame.
6. The eggplants should become tender. Remember to cover the lid of the wok while cooking them.
1. If u want more gravy, add more water (of course,then you will have to increase the quantity of garam masala, salt n jaggery accordingly)
2. If you add garam masala, you need not add cumin seeds powder, coriander powder n asafetida, bcos garam masala contains all those ingredients.