2 cups of wheat flour
1 bunch of palak(spinach)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 clove garlic finely chopped (optional)
1 tsp ginger
water to knead
2 medium potatoes boiled and peeled
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chilli powder
1. Sauté ginger garlic and spinach in oil and let it cool down.
2. In a mixing bowl, take wheat flour, add cumin seeds, palak mixture, salt and knead into a smooth dough using water. Cover the dough and keep it aside for an hour.
3. While you are ready to make parathas, in a separate container, mash the potatoes, add garam masala, red chilli powder, salt.
4. Divide the potato mixture and the dough into small equal portions.
5. Oil your palms and flatten each portion of the dough.
6. Place each portion of the stuffing on the flattened dough and cover it from all the sides.
7. Roll each of them into thin paratha.
8. Pre heat the pan on medium flame. Apply oil on each side while baking them.
Serve hot parathas with carrot raita and pickle.
- Make sure the potato mixture is very smooth. If there are lumps, parathas stick to the surface while rolling.
- You can also cook spinach in the cooker or microwave and then mix it with the wheat flour.
1. Aloo Palak
2. Palak Parathas