April 14, 2008
Coco Choco Barfi
Yes you guessed it right! Its COCONUT CHOCOLATE BARFI. I have already posted coconut barfi on my blog before. But i wanted to try something different but easy. This came to my mind when i saw Mahanandi's Chocolate Coconut Barfi.
2 cups dry or grated frozen coconut (I used dry powdered coconut)
3 tbsp sugar (approx)
1/2 cup whole milk/ condensed milk
4-5 roasted cashews (optional)
1 tbsp clarified butter/ghee
2-3 pieces of ur favourite chocolate (i used Hershey's milk chocolate)
Here is how i made Coco Choco Barfi:
1. Heat butter in a pan, roast cashews and coconut till they get light brown color.
2. Add milk, sugar and chocolate (in this order), mix well till the chocolate dissolves and blends with coconut. You will get the brown color mixture.
3. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick and dry.
4. Grease a bowl with butter/ghee and pour the mixture on it (i have given the measurement for 4-5 barfis, so i have mentioned the bowl instead of plate. Its always better to make less quantity
when you are experimenting :))
5. Invert the bowl on a dish and let the barfi sit on the dish for 1 hour.
Allow it to cool down and you can have the whole burfi all at once or cut it into desired shape.
It tastes just like coconut barfi but hint of chocolate in it makes it more delicious. So ready to have it???? :)
1. You can also use Chocolate Syrup instead of chocolates.
2. If you feel the mixture is too soft even after it has cool down, refrigerate it for an hour and then cut into pieces.