Paneer Butter Masala is a North Indian dish and is also known as Shahi Paneer.
2 Tomatoes finely chopped or pureed
1 small Onion finely chopped
1 inch Ginger grated
1 clove Garlic grated
1 tsp Red chilli powder/green chilis
2 tsp of garam masala
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 cups whole milk/condensed milk
¾ cup cashews
¾ cup fried paneer/cottage cheese cubes
1 tbsp Butter
1.Soak cashews in milk and microwave it for 45 sec and allow it to cool before grinding it to paste.
2. Heat butter in a stir fry pan, add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, onions and sauté them.
3.Add tomatoes to it and cook until they are tender and mash the mixture with the ladle.
4. Add garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric and stir till the raw flavor of masala is gone.
5. Add cashew paste and allow it to cook for few mins. If the gravy is too thick, add milk to it.
6. Add paneer cubes and let it boil for few mins before turning off the heat.
1. you can use tomato sauce instead of tomatoes.
2. Add milk instead of water if the gravy is too thick. Adding water reduces its taste and gravy becomes bland.
Also see: Paneer Jalfrezi
More Recipes in TBBINDEX