May 12, 2008
Besan (Gram Flour) Chutney
This is a sweet n sour chutney made of gram flour. It hardly takes 5 mins to prepare this side dish. This dish goes well with idlis n dosas
1 tbsp Besam/gram flour
1/2 cup water
2 tsp tamarind paste
jaggery to set off the tanginess
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 curry leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric
1. In a mixing bowl, mix gram flour and water and make sure no lumps are formed.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add the tempering items one by one.
3. Add tamarind paste and jaggery and when the mixture begins to boil, add gram flour and water mixture and allow it to boil till the mixture becomes thick.
1. If you add 1 cup water instead of 1/2 cup, you can make Rassa which is less thicker than chutney.
1. Raw mango Kaayrasa
2. Other chutneys on my blog