1. Doodhi Paratha
2 cups wheat flour
4 tbsp grated doodhi/bottle gourd
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp oil
water to knead the dough
1 tsp masala for taste
1. In a mixing bowl, knead the dough along with other ingredients using water. Keep the dough aside for half an hour.
2. Take small portions of the dough and make balls.
3. Roll out each ball into a paratha. Use rice flour/ wheat flour for dusting.
4.Pre heat roti griddle/tava, apply oil on one side of the paratha and put it on the hot griddle.
5. Small brown spots appear on the parathas below and paratha puffs up.
6. Apply oil on the other side of the paratha and toss it around and bake the other side.
7. Bake the first side again for few seconds and remove it from the heat.
Serve hot parathas with your favourite Side dish or Vegetable.
2. Rice flour stuffed Parathas
3. Bisi Bele Bhaat Parathas
4. Aloo Palak Ke Paranthe
These entries are for Roti Mela.