August 28, 2008
Aloo Matar/Potato Peas Curry and an Award
2 peeled and cubed potatoes
1 chopped tomato
1/2 chopped onion (i used spring onions)
2 fistfulls frozen/fresh peas
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chili powder
2 tbsp yogurt
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1. Heat butter in a pan, add cumin seeds and turmeric.
2. Saute onion and ginger garlic paste for a minute.
3. Add garam masala and red chili powder and cook till the raw flavour of the powder is gone.
4. Add tomatoes, peas and potatoes and saute for few minutes. Add water and let them cook.
5. Once all the vegetables are done, add yogurt, salt and sugar and cook for 5 mins more.
Serve this delicious dish with Garma garam rotis/chapatis.
Easy crafts has passed on BRILLANTE WEBLOG AWARD to me. Thanks a million EC.
I would love to pass this award to my dear friends
Jayashree of Spice and curry
Bhawana of Taste of India
Sreelu of Sreelu's tasty Travels
Kamala of Mom's Recipes