August 19, 2008
Rajma/Red Kidney Beans Curry
1 cup Rajma ( Red kidney beans)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 inch Ginger, chopped
2 Green chillies, chopped (optional)
1 Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp Corainder powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
2 tbsp Oil
Corainder leaves, chopped
Here is the recipe:
1. Wash and soak Rajma beans overnight. Pressure cook the rajma in the cooker along with the water.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and chillies. Add turmeric powder
3. Add onions and saute for a minute. Add tomatoes.
4. Add the boiled rajma, red chilli powder, corainder powder, garam masala and stir. cook until a thick gravy is formed.
5. Garnish Rajma with corainder leaves and top it with butter and serve hot with chapatis or rice.
This recipe is for Srivalli's Curry Mela