2 red chilis/red chili powder
1 tbsp chopped onions/spring onions (optional)
1 tbsp chopped capsicum (optional)
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 roma tomatoes chopped
2 cups cooked Sona Masoori rice/Basmati rice/Any Left over rice
For tempering:Know more about Basics of Tadka
2 tbsp clarified butter
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp chana dal
1 tsp urad dal
1 inch ginger grated
1 tbsp cashewnuts
4 curry leaves
Here is how i made it:
1. Heat butter in a large pan/wok, add all the tempering items one by one (mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, red chilis, ginger, cashews).
2. Add chopped onions and saute well. Once they are cooked add tomatoes.
3. Add garam masala and let it get cooked for few seconds, then add cooked rice and mix well.
4. Add Red chili powder at this stage if you want the rice to be hot.
5. Add salt and sugar and mix well. Keep the rice on flame for 5 mins more and turn off the heat.
Serve hot n delicious tomato rice with your cucumber raita and salad.
My dear friend of Kitchen Flavours has passed on an award to me. Its the 'Wylde Woman Award'. Thanks for the Award KF...
The rules of this award are:
1.You can give it to one or one hundred or any number in between - it's up to you. Make sure you link to their site in your post
2. Link back to this blog site http://tammyvitale.typepad.com/ Tammy can go visit all these wonderful men and women and remember the Purpose of the Award: To send love and acknowledgment to men and women, who brighten your day, teach you new things and live their lives fully with generosity and joy. It's been a blessing and an inspiration to meet all of you through your wonderful blogs.
I love to pass this award to,
Congrats to all of them.Enjoy!