August 8, 2008
Tondlee/Ivy Gourd Pulav
7-8 nos ivy gourd/tondlee/tondekaay
2 cups cooked rice
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds/rai
1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1. Wash tondlee and remove both the ends and slit them vertically.Make four parts of each gourd.
2. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, turmeric powder in this order (Basics of tadka)
3. Add tondlee pieces and saute them in oil till they are tender.
4. Add cooked rice and mix till the color of the turmeric blends with the rice. No lumps should be formed.
5. Add garam masala, red chili powder and salt and mix well and cook for 2 more mins.
Serve Tondlee Pulao with your favourite side dish.