September 8, 2008
Badam Halwa/Almond Fudge
1 Cup Almonds soaked and peeled
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
a pinch of saffron
1/2 tsp cardamom powder (optional)
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Here is how I made it:
1. In a grinder, grind peeled almonds along with milk to a coarse paste. Do not make it a thick paste. It should be in flowing consistency.
2. In a pan, heat butter, add the almond paste and mix well.
3. Add sugar and mix well. Add saffron and cardamom powder and keep stirring continuously so that the mixture doesnt stick to the bottom.
4. Stir the mixture till it becomes very thick like rava upma.
5. Let it cool down. Garnish it with chopped almonds.
Refrigerate the halwa for an hour and give halwa a desired shape.