Shilpa's pizza looks delicious, no doubt, but i was not sure about my pizza taste since i didnt have some of the necessary ingredients mentioned in her post (Italian seasoning/Basil leaves, garlic and some of the vegetables for topping).Ofcourse adding extra ingredients according to your taste, makes it more delicious. But, I think sauce and cheese are the two main ingredients that are enough to bring the required taste. You will be glad that you made it when you smell the aroma filling in your kitchen.
So i followed her recipe religiously.It turned out to be very delicious.I have listed down all the ingredients that i have used in my recipe:
For Medium sized thin crust pizza base:
- 1 cup wheat flour (i used atta which i normally use for making chapatis)
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (you might require less water,add accordingly)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (You can use any other oil, people use olive oil since its healthy)
- A cup of chopped vegetables (i used onions, red pepper, green pepper and tomatoes)
- 3 tbsp (approx) marinara sauce/pizza sauce (you can also make this sauce at home.See here)
- Finely grated Pizza Cheese/Mozzarella cheese (as much as you like)
- Red dry Chilli flakes (optional)
1.Add salt and sugar to the warm water. Add dry yeast and mix well till it blends in the water. Let this water rest for 10 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, take wheat flour, add the above water slowly and knead the dough. Dough should be softer than the chapati dough. After kneading the dough, pour a tsp of olive oil on the dough and knead till it becomes smooth. Keep the dough aside for 1/2 hour in a warm place covered with a damp thin cloth.
3. Let the dough rise. Knead the dough again and remove all the air.
4. Roll the dough with the rolling pin. I used rice flour for dusting.
5. Preheat the oven at 350 F for 10 mins.
6. Toss the rolled dough on the greased pizza pan and bake it in the oven for 10 mins at 350 F or till its light brown in color.
For pizza topping:
1. After the Crust is baked, apply sauce all over the crust on one side. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 350 F for 10 mins.
2. Add all vegetables and the cheese.
3. Sprinkle salt and red chilli flakes over it and bake it for 10-15 mins or till the cheese melts.
1 medium sized thin crust pizza
Time:30 mins for dough to rise
Preparation time: 30 mins
1. Make sure the water is warm (warmer than room temperature) and not hot or cold. Cold water doesn't make the yeast active. Hot water kills the yeast.
2. Do not forget to set the yeast aside for 10-15 mins. This helps the yeast to activate.
3. Always bake the pizza base in the preheated oven.
This is how my thick crust pizza looked :)
Here i followed chef Sanjay Thumma's video.