October 10, 2008
Aloo Paneer Parathas
1 1/2 cups wheat flour (atta)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Gram flour/besan (optional)
water to knead
1 medium potato (boiled and mashed)
1/2 Cup grated Paneer/ Cottage Cheese
1 tsp red chilli powder/2 green chillis
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp carom seeds
1/2 tsp ginger paste
How to make Parathas:
1. Knead the dough by mixing all the above ingredients (atta, salt, oil, besan and water).Keep it aside for 1/2 hour.
2. In a mixing bowl,combine all the stuffing ingredients and mix well.
3. Divide the dough into equal sized balls and flattened each ball using a drop of oil so that it doesn't stick to your hand.
4. Take a small portion of aloo paneer mixture and stuff it inside the dough by covering it on all sides.
5. Roll each ball into a thin paratha using the rolling pin. I use rice flour for dusting.
6. Bake each parathas on both sides on the preheated griddle/tava till small brown spots appear.
Serve hot aloo paneer parathas with your favourite vegetable/curry.