October 31, 2008
Instant Bitter Gourd Pickle
1 Bitter gourd/karela/hagalkaay
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt or according to taste
2 green chili finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
A pinch of asafetida
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
How to make:
1. Remove the seeds and chop bitter gourd finely.
2. Add lime juice and salt and keep it aside for 5 mins
3. Add green chilies
4. Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add asafetida and fenugreek seeds.
5. Pour this on the bitter gourd mixture and mix well.
6. Serve this pickle after 2 days. Keep it refrigerated.