October 7, 2008
Dahi Bhindi/Okra In Yogurt
I made few changes in the recipe. Here is my recipe:
20 nos small sized Okra/Bhindi (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1/2 small sized onion finely chopped
1 tbsp besan/gram flour
1 cup yogurt whipped
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder/1 dry red chili
1 tsp ginger paste
1-2 tsp sugar (as per requirement)
1 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp urad dal
How to make Dahi Bhindi:
1. Heat oil in a kadhai/pan, add tempering items one by one.
2. Add onion and saute till they get translucent. Then add okra and saute them and let them cook. Dont add water.
3. Add gram flour to the yogurt and beat it well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
4. Add this mixture to okra. Dont stir now.
5. Add red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, salt and sugar. Now mix it well. Dont keep mixing the sabzi for long time. It will get mushy.
6. Let it cook for few mins and then serve.