Sweet Potato Parathas
1/2 sweet potatoes (boiled and mashed without skin)
2 cups wheat flour (atta)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp oil
Water (if necessary)
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the above ingredients and knead into a smooth dough. Add water only if needed. Mashed potato mixture contains enough water.Let the dough rest for 1/2 hour.
2. Divide the dough into equal portion balls.
3. Roll out each ball into a thin paratha. I used rice flour for dusting.
4. Bake the parathas on both sides on a preheated tava/ roti griddle. Apply butter on both sides.
5. Serve Sweet Potato Parathas with Baby Corn Manchurian.
Baby Corn Manchurian
For baby corn dumplings:
1 tin canned baby corn-15 oz (washed and parboiled in water)
1/2 cup Gram flour
1/2 cup Rice flour (This makes them crisp)
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
Oil for frying
1/2 large green pepper finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
1 large tomato pureed
2 tbsp tomato chilli sauce
2 tsp of soy sauce (I use lesser than that)
1/2 tsp white vineger-optional (I did not use it at all)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp oil
Here is the method
1. In a mixing bowl, mix both flours, add salt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, water and make it a thick paste. Paste should be able to coat the baby corn easily.
2. Add all the baby corn to this mixture and coat them well. Drop them in the oil oil and fry till they get orange in color.Take them out on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste and onions and saute them till they are translucent.
4. Add green pepper and let them cook for a while.
5. Add the sauces, puree and vineger and mix them well and let it cook for a min.
6. Now add all the fried baby corn dumplings to the sauce and cook them for 1/2 minute.
For tomato puree: Cut a large tomato into 4 parts and keep it in the microwave safe dih for 2-3 mins. Once it cools down, remove the skin and mash it with hand. Add a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper to it.