If you are trying cupcakes/ Muffins for the first time, here is the basic and easy recipe. The original recipe called for 2 eggs, I substituted flax seed meal for eggs.
Here is the recipe:3 cups cake flour sifted
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter or margarine softened
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line pan with baking cups.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
4. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Continue beating one minute.
7. Pour into prepared cups.
8. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
9. Cool 10 minutes.
10. Turn out onto cooling rack; cool completely.
I got this recipe from wilton.com.
You can see various recipes for cakes, cupcakes, cookies in this website. And here is something which most of us know but never tried them.