April 5, 2010

Mango Semolina Cake



My 16 months old daughter, Mrinal, just couldn't stop eating this cake. It is indeed very delicious. It tastes just like Mango Rava kesari. But in the cake form. I found this recipe at redchillies.us. Oh my, I just couldn't take my eyes off the cake. Especially the color of the cake drives me crazy. It looks so tempting. Original recipe is from here.

Ingredients:
1 cup and 1 teaspoon of Rawa/Sooji
1 cup Mango pulp
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking powder
Some ground Elaichi (I used 1 tsp vanilla extract instead)

Method

Mix all the ingredients and bake at 375 degrees for 25/30 minutes. Check with a fork to see if properly baked. Cut and Serve.

Optional:

Arrange cashew nuts on the mixture (before baking) so that it forms a grid for cutting. One cashew should be at the centre of every piece.