Hi to all the bloggers-old and new. I had been on a long vacation to India for 4 months. Trip was excellent. Mrinal was very happy to meet all our relatives in India. The good thing about this visit was she learnt to talk :). She talks more than me now. She is 2 years and 4 months. We celebrated her 2nd bday in Mumbai. I came back to Baltimore with Mrinal last month. I was not able to keep up with blogging since many days.. infact months....I am glad there are so many new bloggers with wonderful recipes. I missed all the amazing events which took place during my absence.
I wasnt ready with any new recipe. Now here is one without a picture :). I promise i will upload the picture soon.Ingredients:
1 cup basmati rice
1 medium sized onion chopped in long thin pieces
1 large tomato chopped
1 small green pepper
1/2 cup green peas
1 small red pepper (optional)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
salt to taste
2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
1. Wash basmati rice 3-4 times and keep aside for 15 mins. Cook rice in pressure cooker and spread it on a large plate. Add butter on top of the rice and spread with your finger gently. This helps the grains to separate from each other.
2. In a medium size tawa/ pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, onions, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add green and red pepper and saute till they are half cooked. Add tomatoes , green peas and saute.
3. Add pav bhaji masala and red chili powder.Add very little water and cook for a minute. Add salt and mix well.
4. Add cooked rice. Add lemon juice and then mix gently.
5. Garnish tawa pulao with coriander leaves.